Why Join the Vermont Business Environmental Partnership?
Businesses and citizens in the Green Mountain State have a reputation for being environmentally motivated. We hope that because the environment is important to Vermonters, they will "think globally and purchase locally" from businesses and organizations that share in their concern for the enviroment. Becoming a member of the VBEP is an excellent way to communicate to the public and customers that your organization shares this environmental ethic, and backs it up in action and deed.
To facilitate this communication, upon becoming a Business Environmental Partner, you will recieve an enrollment package that includes:
- A congratulatory letter from the Commissioner of the Department of Environmental Conservation;
- A framed certificate of recognition signed by the Commissioner of the Department of Environmental Conservation,
- Window decals that can be used at the business to communicate participation in the VBEP to customers and visitors,
- A 5’X7’service desk card framed in a stand up display that can be used at the business to communicate participation in the VBEP to customers and visitors,
- An electronic version of the VBEP logoto be used by Partners in marketing materials, on the business’ web site, and in other promotional materials,
- If desired, a press release template, and
- Your business will be listed on the VBEP website (see our Current Partners) with a link to your business website, if available.
Another great benefit of joining the VBEP is having a fresh set of eyes look at your operations during the on-site visit. VBEP representatives are an excellent recource for ideas and suggestions on how to improve both environmental performance and your bottom line.