How to Join the Vermont Business Environmental
Environmental Partner (first level
for General Businesses):
An organization interested
in becoming a Business Environmental Partner should review
and become familiar with the Program standards
The next step is to contact
us to schedule an on-site visit. The on-site
visit is conducted by a VBEP representative. During
the on-site visit, a tour of the facility is conducted. Existing
environmental practices and opportunities for improvements
to satisfy the standards are identified for consideration
by the business.
Next, the VBEP representative
sends the business a report documenting the visit that outlines:
- Actions that need to be taken before being admitted to
- Additional specific information needed from the business,
- Suggestions for further improvements,
- Compliance issues that may need to be addressed, and
- Resources that may be helpful to the business in order
to make improvements.
The potential partner then
completes the Partner Standards Achievement Form and submits
it for review. This form is currently under revision.
To receive the proper form, if you have not done so already,
contact a program representative preferably the one that
did your on-site visit.
In the application the business
- Implementation of any improvements or new initiatives,
- Completing an annual Partner Performance Survey, and
- A good faith effort to comply with applicable state and
The business receives designation as an Environmental
Partner once the application is approved. For
those interested in the general Environmental Leader level
or a sector specific leadership level, further requirements
must be met.