What is CSS?
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) allows web designers to apply typographical styles to the page layout on a webpage.
What is CSS3?
- Cascading Style Sheet 3 (CSS3) is the newest version of CSS that has more capabilites and allows more changability on a webpage.
How to use CSS
- While using Notepad++ when you complete a file you save the file as .css.
- CSS will configure a set style to any particular page you want it to.
- Unlike HTML you do not use < and >, instead you use the number sign (#) and a period (.).
- The id selector is used to specify a style for a single element.
- The number sign (#) is an id selector which uses the id attribute of the HTML element.
- The class selector is used to specify a style for a group of elements that are used in several elements.
- The period (.) is a class selector which uses the HTML class attribute.